Monday, December 8, 2008

For our evening book discussion meeting tomorrow (12/9)

Just a brief reminder to anyone attending the book discussion tomorrow evening that with this open book discussion format, it will be really HELPFUL to everyone else if you could bring a copy of any book you plan on discussing with us. This may not be possible, but if it is it will really be helpful to those in the group who would like to take a look at it and have a reference...

OH, and I will have my laptop with me so we can look up information for books people discuss as well as find them either in our library, other libraries, or even online for purchase

See you all tomorrow,

Doug

4 comments:

Kirstie Venanzi said...

http://www.bookcrossing.com/

Book Crossing is the interesting website that I mentioned at our last discussion.

Anonymous said...

Just in case any of you working your way through the search for a lost Shakespearean manuscript have not seen the NY Times today, I thought you might find this editorial interesting: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/11/opinion/11wed4.html?ref=opinion

Sorry I won't be there on Tuesday night. This editorial might prove more interesting than the book.

Doug said...

Thanks for the link Betsey... sorry you won't be able to make it.
-Doug

Anonymous said...

Hi Doug, I won't be able to come to the discussion on 3/17. I read the book. Actually I did read it a long time ago. I didn't care for it then either but thought I'd like it better this time around. I found it difficult to follow, jumping around from country to country, and person to person. I just didn't care for it. I love mysteries. There was one I read years ago by the name of The Eight that was fascinating. I never forgot how much I enjoyed reading it. I'd like to recommend it to the group for sometime. Happy St. Pat's Day. Pat